Johnston in Aberdeenshire Scotland

  • rozweir
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2010
      I am attempting to trace the origins of my branch of Johnstons.

      My Grandfather Henry Alexander Johnston was born 1898 in Fraserburgh.

      His father was James Leslie Johnston born 29 Feb 1864 in Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

      His father was John Clark Johnston born abt 1824 Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
      John Clark married Jean Duthie 14 Feb 1852 in Pitsligo Aberdeenshire Scotland.They had 3 children before Jean died and John remarried Mary Arthur 6 May 1856 in Rosehearty Pitsligo Aberdeen Scotland. They had 9 children including my Great Grandfather James Leslie.

      John Clark also had an illegitimate son George Johnston born 3 Dec 1847 in Pitsligo Aberdeenshire Scotland to an unknown mother.

      John Clark Johnston himself was illegitimate his mother was Margaret Clark born 1799 in St Fergus, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. John Clark Johnstons father was George Johnston date and place of birth unknown.

      This is where my information ends. I have not been able to find any information about George Johnston. I would be most grateful for any assistance.

      Regards,

      Roz