Y-chrom DNA testing

  • gljohnson17
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2009
      Has anyone had their DNA tested or know of a group in Australia/New Zealand that has started a research project for this?

      I and a few 'DNA cousins' here in the US have tracked our ancestry back to the Annandale Johnstones. I believe it was Gilbert Johnstone that sailed for Australia back in the early 1800s and was probably a brother of one of my ancestors.

      I'm trying to piece together the DNA lineage of the Annandale Johnstones and have not had much luck here in the US except of the known few in our little group. I've also chatted with someone in the UK but they also do not have much DNA results.

      If you have done DNA and are on Y-Search, I am NHSPJ on there.

      Cheers!
      George