RE: [JohnstonAustralia] william johnston

  • B & L Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
      Hi Liz

      On the Australian Genealogical Computer Index there is a cemetery transcript at St Peters East (Sydney?) for a William Johnston who died 22 Jul 1926.  The event noted on the transcript is 'death at sea'.  The record is held by the Society of Australian Genealogists, reference B7/11/23 page 41. I'm not sure where St Peters East is. You could write to the Society of Australian Genealogists for more details info@... but there may be a fee.

      Lorna

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
        Hello again everyone,

        Further to all the messages sent in reply to my questions, thank you very much for everyone for their help - I ordered the death cert and discovered that my William Johnston died in April 1926 and was cremated at Rookwood NSW.
        According to same cert, he was secretary of the Union Club ........

        Many thanks again, Liz