william johnston

  • Elizabeth Augereau
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      I think I may have found death of the William Johnston I was looking for, at long last ....

      5571/1926 JOHNSTON WILLIAM WILLIAM 65 YRS FALCONER REDFERN

      Could anyone please help in finding the cemetery where he is buried ???
      A thousand thanks in advance

      Liz Augereau
      Cognac, France

      Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html
    • jhcgac@yahoo.com.au
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
        Hello Elizabeth ,Hi I'm Julie in Australia. The easiest way to find info about your William is to request a Transcription of his Death from an agent. On it you should get Date of death, Parents, Spouse, What he died of and where he was buried. This will cost $17 Australian I have added an agent's email for you to enquire...Julie

        JOY MURRIN Family History Services

        PO Box 278  Oatley  NSW 2223

        Phone (02) 9585 1187  Fax (02) 958 51486

        Email: joy@...

        Website: www.joymurrin.com.au

        I think I may have found death of the William Johnston I was looking for, at long last ....

        5571/1926 JOHNSTON WILLIAM WILLIAM 65 YRS FALCONER REDFERN

        Could anyone please help in finding the cemetery where he is buried ???
        A thousand thanks in advance

        Liz Augereau
        Cognac, France

        Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs. yahoo.com/ mail/transfert_ mails.html

        Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more.
      • B & L Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2009
          Hi Liz

          On the Australian Genealogical Computer Index there is a cemetery transcript at St Peters East (Sydney?) for a William Johnston who died 22 Jul 1926.  The event noted on the transcript is 'death at sea'.  The record is held by the Society of Australian Genealogists, reference B7/11/23 page 41. I'm not sure where St Peters East is. You could write to the Society of Australian Genealogists for more details info@... but there may be a fee.

          Lorna

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
            Hello again everyone,

            Further to all the messages sent in reply to my questions, thank you very much for everyone for their help - I ordered the death cert and discovered that my William Johnston died in April 1926 and was cremated at Rookwood NSW.
            According to same cert, he was secretary of the Union Club ........

            Many thanks again, Liz