SCOTLAND: Caithness, Orkney, E Lothian, Haddington, Argyll, Renfrew, Lanarks +

  • Tricia
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2008
      Hi - I have just joined.
      My g'mother is a Scottish JOHNSTON.
      In my exploration of her family I find relations were in various parts
      of Scotland from late 1700s: Caithness, Orkney, East Lothian,
      Haddingtonshire, Dunoon -Argyll, Greenock - Renfrewshire, Lanarkshire.
      Anyone with any links to these parts?

      Some in 1800s were connected with Sea(especially those in West of
      Scotland) - Mariners - Captains etc. Some are in Canada and US. So far
      I have not found a Australia or N Zealand link with this part of my
      family but everyday brings a new surprise.

      Happy to exchange etc.
      Tricia
      born in Caithness Scotland