Arthur Burnett Johnston

  • disconbobb
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi all

      I wonder if anybody has come across the middle name Burnett with any of
      there Johnston's ? I am trying to trace my great grandfather Arthur
      Burnett Johnston born arond 1878 in the Canterbury district of NZ and
      moved to the uk in his 20's. But its really the middle name Burnett
      which is odd as i have it, my father has it, my grandfather had it, his
      brothers had it, it seems like an old family traditon but i cant seem
      to find anyone else with it. Any help or information would be great
      becuase at the moment i am at a dead end.
    • Melanie Durdin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        Sorry I can't help with this one, I have never come across this name at all.  Although I do find that a lot of middle names, especially re-occuring ones, originally come from the maiden name of a female ancestor - maybe try that angle?

        I wonder if anybody has come across the middle name Burnett with any of
        there Johnston's ? I am trying to trace my great grandfather Arthur
        Burnett Johnston born arond 1878 in the Canterbury district of NZ and
        moved to the uk in his 20's. But its really the middle name Burnett
        which is odd as i have it, my father has it, my grandfather had it, his
        brothers had it, it seems like an old family traditon but i cant seem
        to find anyone else with it. Any help or information would be great
        becuase at the moment i am at a dead end.

        Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more.