RE: [JohnstonAustralia] MURRAY RIVERBOAT MEN, 1850'S +

  • Aileen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2008

      Hi Les

      June is a neighbour of mine please email

      Can u email me private so I can give you her contact

      Good morning Aileen

      Yes there is a river Boat Captain in the family called Captain George Bain Johnston .

      Love June

      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2008
        I have just seen "Australian River Murray Boats History Genealogy"
        listed on Ebay today - would that be of interest to you? it is a book
        called REDGUM AND PADDLE WHEELS by Peter J. Phillips,
        Melbourne. 1980. Greenhouse., 1980. 1st Ed., with a foreword by Bill
        Peach. 167 PP with b/w illustrations (sketch-plans, engravings,
        photos). Eps: Map of the Murray-Darling River System. Cloth cover, dj.
        Spine of dust jacket sunned. o/wise near fine. 28 x 22.

        The thriving transport industry between 1850 & 1890 on the Murray,
        Darling & Murrumbidgee Rivers when over 300 paddle-steamers plied them.

        Gillian