Re: [JohnstonAustralia] leslie charles johnston

  • GHJ
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      Hello Shaylene,
      I have a Granduncle by that name b.1893, Collingwood/Northcote, VIC.
      He was the 6th of 9 siblings, parents John Murray Johnston and Rosina
      Matilda Creak.

      There's a photo of a family photo here:
      http://users.tpg.com.au/mjjj/Genealogy/JMJfamily.htm
      Leslie may be the one standing in the middle.

      Could he be him?
      cheers, Geoffrey H L Johnston

      Sunday, May 4, 2008, 8:07:35 PM, you wrote:

      SB> does anyone out there know leslie charles johnston or can give me any information regarding his family members
    • Cuddly Koala
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        I have a Leslie Johnston - son of Commander Robert Johnston, Grandson of Lieutenant Colonel George Johnston - born 1 Dec 1839, died 22 Jan 1913.

        Would that be him?

        Kim :)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2008
          Hi Shaylene.
          What area are we looking at for Leslie? (state, country)
          Roughly what year was Leslie born? Do you have any other information
          that may help such as siblings or parents?

          I can look up BDM's in Victoria up to 1920.
          Also online BDM information is available for NSW, WA, and Queensland,
          if
          you now where to look.
          Some military records are online.

          cheers