Re: [JohnstonAustralia] bmd records Adelaide, South Australia

  • Cuddly Koala
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2008
      Unfortunately the answer is no :( But they do offer the microfiche indexes... unsure how much they cost though, or how you would use them.

      The Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Office is only able to provide information by way of certificates and does so following receipt of a formal application. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer an online searching facility for historical records at this stage.

      Please refer to Applying for certificates for information regarding lodgement of applications.

      Alternatively, you can purchase a series of microfiche indexes through either the Registration Office or the South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society to use for your family tree research.

      From page http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/bdm/services/history/index.htm

      Kim

      On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      Can anyone tell me if it is possible to consult bmd
      records on line for South Australia. I am looking for
      marriage of William JOHNSTON and Ellen or Helen MATHER
      which took place sometime in 1897/98.
      I'm also looking for death of William Johnston but I
      have no idea of the date.

      Many thanks in advance for any help
      Liz

    • Aileen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2008

        Hello Liz

        Here is your marriage for William Johnston

        Regards, Aileen

        Digger - South Australian Marriages, Registrations 1842-1916

        Query

        -----

        Groom                :            johnston (154 matches)

        Given names          :            william (20673 matches)

        Total matching records: 18

        --------------------

        Groom: JOHNSTON

        Given names: William

        Bride: MATHER

        Given names: Helen Sophia

        Date: 1897-10-13

        Groom Age: 37

        Groom's Father: William JOHNSTON

        Bride Age: 24

        Bride's Father: George Ernest MATHER

        Place: Trinity Church Adelaide

        District: Ade

        Symbol:

        Book/Page: 193/220

        Cross Reference:

        Can anyone tell me if it is possible to consult bmd
        records on line for South Australia . I am looking for
        marriage of William JOHNSTON and Ellen or Helen MATHER
        which took place sometime in 1897/98.
        I'm also looking for death of William Johnston but I
        have no idea of the date.

        Many thanks in advance for any help
        Liz

        Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail http://mail. yahoo.fr