Hello! - Hello!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2007

      G’day All:

      As 2007 is coming to an end I’d like to wish all of you and those who are close the very best of wishes for 2008, whatever your ancestral search may be I wish for you that 2008 is the year for surprises and answers. I’d like especially to thank Les, the New Zealand Commissioner for Clan Johnston/e for his stalwart support and work from the other side of the ditch – Thanks Les !!

      As an aside, and an example of networking and common interest one of our Group from Canada will be visiting Tasmania, Melbourne, Sydney and Nth Qld in February, Brenda’s brother’s DNA illustrates a close match to mine, and by default to our wonderful Gillian’s in South AU. The match is reasonably definite however the timeline is pretty big, we need to work on that. Brenda and her husband David are in Melbourne for only one day in Feb 08 and we will be making sure they’ll be made temporary Australian’s during their visit.

      Just as a matter of interest has any or many of our Group gone down the DNA road? I took the upper limits of the test [in markers] and although the results are quite obviously compared to others, and it needs to be understood that the comparison is only to those who choose to have their results compared, and, to only those who have chosen to have their DNA tested, it can be enlightening. At this moment in time I have found absolutely at least three matches, no question, BUT and simply, they are related to me and Gillian in the last 1600 years or so, the DNA testing is proof but we need to ascertain collaborative documentation to complete the DNA testing.

      Best Wishes

      Don in Melbourne AU