RE : [JohnstonAustralia] My Johnstons in Ireland, NZ & Australia

  • Elizabeth Augereau
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
      Hello everyone,
      The on-line birth records for NSW only go up to 1906.
      Would anyone have a CD of these records, to see if
      there is a William W. Johnston born about 1935, father
      Graydon, mother Mollie nee Willans.

      Many thanks in advance
      Liz

      --- Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@...> a

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
        Hello Elizabeth,
        I know you are asking specific questions about William JOHNSTON, but I did a quick search on RootsWeb.com and I did find a researcher that mentions Graydon JOHNSTON. This researcher is really researching the Mollie WILLANS side of the family.
        If you have not seen it before, the information may be handy for future research.
        www.worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

        Have you also visited the following link on the MATURIN and JOHNSTON families? Once again Graydon JOHNSTON and Mollie WILLANS is mentioned.
        www.maturin..org.uk/index.html

        Just for your future use this following link to Australian Cemeteries may be of assistance.
        www.ozgenonline.com/aust_cemeteries/

        I am visiting the library this week in Darwin so I will see if they have a disc on the information that you ask for. Lets keep our fingers crossed as most information of this type for public access  does not normally go beyond 1920.

        good luck
        cheers
        Tony Johnston.
        Virginia. Northern Territory.

        Johnstons Jungle

        johnstons_jungle@...

        To: JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com
        From: lizaugereau@...
        Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:01:11 +0200
        Subject: RE : [JohnstonAustralia] My Johnstons in Ireland, NZ & Australia

        --- Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@ yahoo.fr> a
        écrit :

> [...]
        > > ... until 1933 when son Graydon married in
        > Chatswood
        > > etc etc (see above)
        > > I have looked in NSW, Victoria and can't find
        > death
        > > of
        > > William & his wife.
        > > The NSW birth records on line are not up to date
        > > enough to give me names of Graydon & Mollie's
        > > children
        > > - I would really love to find a descendant still
        > > living !!!!
        > >
        > > If I can be of any help to anyone at this end, it
        > > would be with pleasure. BMD records in England
        > and
        > > can also do some research on my trips to Ireland.
        > >
        > > All the best, Liz

        > > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez
        > > vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail

        > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez

        Check our comprehensive Salary Centre Overpaid or Underpaid?
      • Elizabeth Augereau
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
          Hi there Tony,
          thank you very much for your help. The
          Maturin/Johnston connection is Me !!!!! With a few
          distant cousins in England Ireland and Wales and one
          in Australia !
          I'll look at the Rootswebb too.
          Someone called Joan gave me William's wife's death in
          Chatswood NSW and then her birth in Karcultaby South
          Wales. I think the Mathers must definitely have been
          from South Wales.
          I just have to find Williams death - probably in South
          Wales somewhere as his wife probably went to NSW to be
          close to son Graydon after that ...

          We were in Darwin a couple of years ago, when visiting
          one of our sons who was working in Sydney for six
          months. We really enjoyed our trip "down under"

          Many thanks for everything
          Liz

          --- Tony Johnston <johnstons_jungle@...> a

          http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%3D595810&_t=766724125&_r=Hotmail_Email_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=EXT