RE: RE : [JohnstonAustralia] My Johnstons in Ireland, NZ & Australia

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2007
      Hi Liz,
      if you have no success with this request on this forum may I suggest you visit the link below.
      There are people there that do have access to SA records (in fact all Australia) that may be able to help.
      Membership is free,

      I use it frequently for requests and assisting others.
      cheers
      Tony Johnston. NT

      www.genforum.genealogy.com/australia/

      Johnstons Jungle

      To: JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com
      From: lizaugereau@...
      Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:42:38 +0200
      Subject: RE : [JohnstonAustralia] My Johnstons in Ireland, NZ & Australia

      Hi again all,
      I ordered Graydon Mather Johnston's death cert dated
      1967 in Bathurst. It says that Graydon was born in
      Stirling West, South Australia (1898). As I said in
      my first message, he was then in a school in Auckland
      before the family returned to Australia in 1907.
      Perhaps they came back to Stirling West ...
      Graydon & his wife Mollie nee Willans had one son,
      William W. Johnston, born about 1936.
      Perhaps he is still in Bathurst ... at the time the
      family were living at 18 Blandford St.
      Has anyone got access to records in South Australia to
      see if Graydon's parents, William and Ellen are buried
      there...
      Or indeed to marriage records in NSW after 1960, to
      see perhaps if William W. Johnston married ...

      Many thanks for any help at all !!!
      Liz

      --- Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@ yahoo.fr> a
      écrit :

      > Hello everyone,
      > Thank you for including me in this group. I have
      > Johnstons on both sides of my family - there is no
      > connection between the two !
      > So I am Irish, married to a Frenchman and living in
      > France although I go to Ireland regularly to see the
      > family.
      > My father's mother's maiden name was Johnston and it
      > was these ancestors who emigrated to NZ in the
      > 1850s.
      > William Johnston, a solicitor (my great x 2
      > grandfather' s brother) in Temuka, Otago. To cut a
      > long story short, I am looking for his son, another
      > William ;
      >
      > William JOHNSTON born on 16th August 1860 in Kuri
      > Bush, Otago. He probably married Ellen Sophia
      > MATHER.
      > The 1893 Taieri electoral roll has an entry for
      > Ellen
      > Mather of Mosgiel, domestic duties. They had one
      > son.
      >
      > Graydon Mather JOHNSTON, born 5th November 1898.
      > He
      > was enrolled in St Helier’s School in Auckland
      > between
      > October 1905 and February 1907 when the family went
      > Australia. Graydon married Mollie WILLANS in 1933,
      > in
      > Chatswood, NSW. He died in 1967 and Mollie in 1969.
      >
      > They are both buried in Bathurst, NSW.
      >
      > I lose track of William & family as from 1907 when
      > they went to Australia - I don't know where they
      > went
      > ... until 1933 when son Graydon married in Chatswood
      > etc etc (see above)
      > I have looked in NSW, Victoria and can't find death
      > of
      > William & his wife.
      > The NSW birth records on line are not up to date
      > enough to give me names of Graydon & Mollie's
      > children
      > - I would really love to find a descendant still
      > living !!!!
      >
      > If I can be of any help to anyone at this end, it
      > would be with pleasure. BMD records in England and
      > can also do some research on my trips to Ireland.
      >
      > All the best, Liz

      > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez
      > vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail

      Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.
    • Elizabeth Augereau
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
        Hello everyone,
        The on-line birth records for NSW only go up to 1906.
        Would anyone have a CD of these records, to see if
        there is a William W. Johnston born about 1935, father
        Graydon, mother Mollie nee Willans.

        Many thanks in advance
        Liz

        --- Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@...> a

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
          Hello Elizabeth,
          I know you are asking specific questions about William JOHNSTON, but I did a quick search on RootsWeb.com and I did find a researcher that mentions Graydon JOHNSTON. This researcher is really researching the Mollie WILLANS side of the family.
          If you have not seen it before, the information may be handy for future research.
          www.worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

          Have you also visited the following link on the MATURIN and JOHNSTON families? Once again Graydon JOHNSTON and Mollie WILLANS is mentioned.
          www.maturin..org.uk/index.html

          Just for your future use this following link to Australian Cemeteries may be of assistance.
          www.ozgenonline.com/aust_cemeteries/

          I am visiting the library this week in Darwin so I will see if they have a disc on the information that you ask for. Lets keep our fingers crossed as most information of this type for public access  does not normally go beyond 1920.

          good luck
          cheers
          Tony Johnston.
          Virginia. Northern Territory.

          Johnstons Jungle

          johnstons_jungle@...

          To: JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com
          From: lizaugereau@...
          Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:01:11 +0200

          écrit :

> [...]
          > > ... until 1933 when son Graydon married in
          > Chatswood
          > > etc etc (see above)
          > > I have looked in NSW, Victoria and can't find
          > death
          > > of
          > > William & his wife.
          > > The NSW birth records on line are not up to date
          > > enough to give me names of Graydon & Mollie's
          > > children
          > > - I would really love to find a descendant still
          > > living !!!!
          > >
          > > If I can be of any help to anyone at this end, it
          > > would be with pleasure. BMD records in England
          > and
          > > can also do some research on my trips to Ireland.
          > >
          > > All the best, Liz

          > > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez
          > > vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail

          > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez

          Check our comprehensive Salary Centre Overpaid or Underpaid?
        • Elizabeth Augereau
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
            Hi there Tony,
            thank you very much for your help. The
            Maturin/Johnston connection is Me !!!!! With a few
            distant cousins in England Ireland and Wales and one
            in Australia !
            I'll look at the Rootswebb too.
            Someone called Joan gave me William's wife's death in
            Chatswood NSW and then her birth in Karcultaby South
            Wales. I think the Mathers must definitely have been
            from South Wales.
            I just have to find Williams death - probably in South
            Wales somewhere as his wife probably went to NSW to be
            close to son Graydon after that ...

            We were in Darwin a couple of years ago, when visiting
            one of our sons who was working in Sydney for six
            months. We really enjoyed our trip "down under"

            Many thanks for everything
            Liz

            --- Tony Johnston <johnstons_jungle@...> a

            http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%3D595810&_t=766724125&_r=Hotmail_Email_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=EXT