Re: [JohnstonAustralia] oop's : William Johnston naming convention

  • Marilyn Laxton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24 11:16 AM
      Hi - Do you think this naming convention applies to the northern irish johnstons?  Thank you for the description it seems to fit my Scottish ancestors.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24 4:30 PM
        Hello Marilyn,
        thank you for your enquiry and what I did was make a seperate posting
        with the information I have in case others may wish to make use of it.
        When I was supplied with this information from a fellow researcher it
        made my life easier and seemed to make sense when you look at it. It
        seems that it also works with you as well.

        As you can see from previous posts from Linda and Lorna, because of
        the name Penman mixed in thier family names it is most likely that
        they are related.

        From my family research it seems that my Johnston(e) line is also
        Scottish Johnstone and Irish Johnston(e).

        I have also a list of earlier Occupations (eg Baxter = Baker) and
        Medical Conditions (eg Apoplexy = Stroke) if any one thinks I should
        post them.

        If you (or any one else) requires information on births, deaths and
        marriage between 1837 - 1920 in VICTORIA ONLY I can look the
        information up. It may take a couple of weeks as I am moving house
        this weekend to a rural location and I will need time to settle in
        and sort out the broadband issue.

        good luck with the research and thanks again for your email
        cheers
        Tony Johnston
        Northern Territory

        --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Marilyn Laxton"