Mossman Johnstons perhaps ?

  • Les Hewett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2007
      woods@... I am descended from a Nancy Johnston from near Kilrea,
      County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, and will happily share information on
      this family. One member at least came to New Zealand, as shown by the
      following cemetery inscription from Kilrea (on the well known River Bann):

      "Erected by ROBERT JOHN JOHNSTON, New Zealand, in memory of his father
      THOMAS JOHNSTON, Drumsara, died 24th October 1885 aged 60 years; And his
      mother MARY JOHNSTON died 28th January 1911 aged 84 years"

      This Robert John Johnston is a mystery to me, but some more well known
      Johnstons from this area migrated to Mossman, Queensland, and had places
      named after them. I have a reasonable amount of information on Johnstons
      from this area which I'm happy to share. John Woods, Christchurch

      (Posted on behalf: Les Hewett, NZ Clan J Assn. NZ Commissioner.)