Re: find my dads family

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2007
      G'day Jazaboy,
      I have just had a quick look in the phone book and there
      is no G Johnston listed for Humpty Doo, Northern Territory.
      Maybe you could simply write a letter addressed to Mr G Johnston, c/o
      Humpty Doo Post Office, Arnhem Highway, Northern Territory 0836 and
      this may find him. There is no mail delivery service to residents in
      this area so there is a good chance he may have to collect the mail
      from here.

      You do not say where you are from, but have you thought of visiting
      your local Australian Electoral Office?. The electoral roll is open for
      inspection at these locations. They are not available over the internet
      or via phone for privacy reasons. With compulsory voting in Australia
      there is a good chance he will be on it.
      http://www.aec.gov.au/index.htm

      The local paper is the Northern Territory News, they have a classified
      section so you should be able to place an ad. It is not a big
      newspaper, so your ad will not get lost in pages and pages of similar
      http://www.ntnews.com.au/

      These are just a couple of suggestions and I hope they help.
      good luck
      Tony Johnston

      --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "jazaboy85" <jazaboy85@...>