researching our heritage

  • dianajohnston62
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2007
      Hi

      I am researching my husbands family tree and history for our children
      and would love to hear from anyone who can help. William Joseph
      Johnston migrated from Auchinleck Scotland in 1858 and met and married
      Ann Mungovan from County Clare Ireland and settled in the Wallan
      area. They had 11 children David, Ellen, Elizabeth, Thomas, John,
      Maryann, Louisa, Richard, Robert and Daniel. Before migrating William
      had 8 children but have been unable to find out anything about them.
      My husband is a direct descendant of Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2007
        Hello Diana.
        I have just done a very quick look at the Victorian BDM "Diggers" CD
        and have concentrated on JOHNSTON around the Wallan area.

        Daniel JOHNSTON: born at Wallan.
        married
        Margaret CUMMING: in 1899
        BDM registration # 2753

        William John JOHNSTON:
        born: 1901 at Wallan. BDM registration # 7253.
        father: John Francis JOHNSTON.
        mother: Annie Maria CUMMINS.

        Isabel JOHNSTON:
        born: 1902 at Wallan. BDM registration #22446.
        father: John Francis JOHNSTON.
        mother: Annie Maria CUMMINS.

        Robert Noel JOHNSTON:
        born: 1906 at Wallan. BDM registration #6902.
        father: John Francis JOHNSTON.
        mother: Annie CUMMINS.

        Robert JOHNSTON: born at Wallan.
        married
        Alice STOCKDALE: in 1904.
        BDM registration # 7061.

        Alice JOHNSTON: born at Wallan.
        died: 1913 - age 39.
        spouse: William Hallett STOCKDALE.
        mother: Margaret CUMMINS.
        BDM registration # 11632.

        William John JOHNSTON: born at Wallan.
        married
        Mary Elizabeth May CLARK: in 1910.
        BDM registration # 4105.

        Susan JOHNSTON: born at Wallan.
        married
        William WALKER: in 1891.
        BDM registration #7426

        Eliza Jane JOHNSTON:
        born: 1892 at Wallan. BDM registration #18188.
        died: 1896 age 4 at Maryborough. BDM registration #10401.
        father: William Thomas JOHNSTON.
        mother: Mary Jane STEVENSON.

        Thomas Edward JOHNSTON:
        born: 1895 at Wallan. BDM registration #16592.
        father: William Thomas JOHNSTON.
        mother: Jane STEVENSON.

        Doris Gert JOHNSTON:
        born: 1899 at Allansford. BDM registration #15025.
        father: William Thomas JOHNSTON.
        mother: Mary Jane STEVENSON.

        William JOHNSTON.
        died at Wallan 1901 - age 82
        parents: not listed.
        spouse: not listed.
        BDM registration # 3912.

        I hope this helps your research a bit and do not hesitate to contact me
        if you need BDM lookups between 1889 - 1920.
        cheers
        Tony Johnston
        Palmerston. N.T.

        --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "dianajohnston62"