Re: [JohnstonAustralia] My great Grandfather Robert Johnstone

  • Luke J
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2006
      Hi Norma,

      i know how hard it is!! Sorry but i can't help, my Robert was a 'Johnston' born in waringstown (modern day Northern Ireland) in the 1830's and settled in Romsey Vic in the 1860's.

      Good luck with the hunt :)

      Luke

      nm230936 <jnjmartin@...> wrote:
      Hi there
      I am trying to find information on my GGrandfather Robert Johnstone
      who according to his death certificate was bor in Dundee Scotland in
      1830. His father's name was William and his mother's Ann Henry. He
      came to Australia to Sydney at the age of 19 in 1849 but I so far have
      not been able to locate the name of the ship. I do know that he had a
      boot and shoe factory in Sydney. He married Sophia Bailey in 1873 at
      Kiama New South Wales and they had five children four boys and one
      girl. I hope that someone in your organisation may be able to help me
      with some information on him.
      Regards Norma

      "The world truly is an amazing place"