Greenbushes, W.A.

  • telford1445
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
      Have just joined the group and am seeking help please. I am trying to
      get intouch with a family who lived in Greenbushes, W.A. All I know
      is that the sister of my grandfather met & married an Australian
      soldier(?) sometime after W.W.I and settled in Greenbushes. Her
      maiden name was CHALLENGER she was from South Wales, his I believe was
      JOHNSTONE, there were 2 sons and 1 daughter.

      As you can see we're not exactly a close family - it's only been 70
      odd years since the last communication I think - but I know there was
      some contact between their emigration and WWII. If anyone knows of a
      family who may fit the bill could they please contact me? Very many
      thanks in anticipation.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006

        Ours:              http://www.geocities.com/johnstonoz/

        Editor:            Clan Johnston/e Assn' of Australia

                              http://www.johnston.asn.au/

        Co Admin':

        NIRE Genweb   http://www.rootsweb.com/~nirantri/

        CO' Antrim

        Administrator:    A US TRALIA-GENWEB Rootsweb

        http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/AUS/AUSTRALIA-GENWEB.html

        Have just joined the group and am seeking help please. I am trying to
        get intouch with a family who lived in Greenbushes, W.A. All I know
        is that the sister of my grandfather met & married an Australian
        soldier(?) sometime after W.W.I and settled in Greenbushes. Her
        maiden name was CHALLENGER she was from South Wales, his I believe was
        JOHNSTONE, there were 2 sons and 1 daughter.

        As you can see we're not exactly a close family - it's only been 70
        odd years since the last communication I think - but I know there was
        some contact between their emigration and WWII. If anyone knows of a
        family who may fit the bill could they please contact me? Very many
        thanks in anticipation.

        It has removed 5315 spam emails to date.
        Try SPAMfighter for free now!

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2006
          Greenbushes is near Busselton in West Australia.

          If you contact busgen@... they should be able to give you
          more local help.

          They do have a J.W. Johnston on their World War 1 War memorial,
          though he was killed in the War. He may have been related to your
          Johnston,
          best wishes, Gillian (Adelaide SA)