Re: [JohnstonAustralia] Hi all!

  • The Pools
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
      Hi luke

      how about sharing some of the Johnston names and places with us, you never
      know you might have some relatives who subscribe to this list.

      My husband has Samuel Christopher Johnston married Anne Eliza Carroll in
      Ballyshannon, Kildare and then they set sail to Melbourne.

      Children were; all born Victoria,
      Charles
      Samuel John
      John James
      Caroline marr Hugh Fulton POOL - our line
      Robert William
      Ann Eliza.

      good luck with your research

      Margaret
      NZ
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
        Hiya Margaret,

        Thanks for your message... sounds like a great idea. My Great Great
        Grandfather originated in Waringstown, Northern Ireland. married
        Catherine Dowey of Moira (Ire) and emmigrated to Australia between
        1860 - 1870 sometime and had at least 14 children in Romsey Victoria:

        Sarah
        Hugh
        Henry Robert
        Catherine
        Mary
        CHARLES (my great grandfather)
        Sabina
        Sue
        Robert Louis
        Bertie

        (have not included those lsited as dead on this, Berties birth
        register in 1886).

        Charles bore 3 children Catherine, Robert Charles (my grandfather)
        and Reginald.

        There must be trillions of kids out there!!! ;)

        Luke (Vic)

        --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "The Pools" <P.ML.Pool@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi luke
        >
        > how about sharing some of the Johnston names and places with us,
        you never
        > know you might have some relatives who subscribe to this list.
        >
        > My husband has Samuel Christopher Johnston married Anne Eliza
        Carroll in
        > Ballyshannon, Kildare and then they set sail to Melbourne.
        >
        > Children were; all born Victoria,
        > Charles
        > Samuel John
        > John James
        > Caroline marr Hugh Fulton POOL - our line
        > Robert William
        > Ann Eliza.
        >
        > good luck with your research
        >
        > Margaret
        > NZ

      • Tony and Anne-Marie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
          Hi
          My Johnstone's came from Cloonclare, Co. Leitrim , c.1800
          1.William Johnstone
          2. Alexander Johnstone,
          then 3. James b.1843 to Sydney Australia in 1872/3.
          4. James married Catherine Parfitt/Parford
                  issue:    Alexander 1877-1879
                              Arthur Ernest 1881 - 1926
                              Alberta (Bertha) 1882 - 1973
                              Herbert Alexander 1883 - 1941  my line......
                              Maud 1884 - unknown
                              Archibald  1887 -1888

          Does anyone match up with any of these name, please?
          happy hunting!
          Anne-Marie nee Johnstone