Hi all!

  • lj_eco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
      Just wanted to say a g'day to all. Only in the past 2 weeks have I even
      taken up geneaology, to trace the origin of my Johnston line. Yesterday
      I came up with the birth place of my great great grandfather just out
      of Belfast, how exciting! I've just browsed the Johnston Australia
      Webgroup and I reckon it's a great resource! Look forward to
      corresponding with some of you :) Luke J
    • The Pools
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
        Hi luke

        how about sharing some of the Johnston names and places with us, you never
        know you might have some relatives who subscribe to this list.

        My husband has Samuel Christopher Johnston married Anne Eliza Carroll in
        Ballyshannon, Kildare and then they set sail to Melbourne.

        Children were; all born Victoria,
        Charles
        Samuel John
        John James
        Caroline marr Hugh Fulton POOL - our line
        Robert William
        Ann Eliza.

        good luck with your research

        Margaret
        NZ
        > Just wanted to say a g'day to all. Only in the past 2 weeks have I even
        > taken up geneaology, to trace the origin of my Johnston line. Yesterday
        > I came up with the birth place of my great great grandfather just out
        > of Belfast, how exciting! I've just browsed the Johnston Australia
        > Webgroup and I reckon it's a great resource! Look forward to
        > corresponding with some of you :) Luke J
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • lj_eco
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
          Hiya Margaret,

          Thanks for your message... sounds like a great idea. My Great Great
          Grandfather originated in Waringstown, Northern Ireland. married
          Catherine Dowey of Moira (Ire) and emmigrated to Australia between
          1860 - 1870 sometime and had at least 14 children in Romsey Victoria:

          Sarah
          Hugh
          Henry Robert
          Catherine
          Mary
          CHARLES (my great grandfather)
          Sabina
          Sue
          Robert Louis
          Bertie

          (have not included those lsited as dead on this, Berties birth
          register in 1886).

          Charles bore 3 children Catherine, Robert Charles (my grandfather)
          and Reginald.

          There must be trillions of kids out there!!! ;)

          Luke (Vic)

          --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "The Pools" <P.ML.Pool@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi luke
          >
          > how about sharing some of the Johnston names and places with us,
          you never
          > know you might have some relatives who subscribe to this list.
          >
          > My husband has Samuel Christopher Johnston married Anne Eliza
          Carroll in
          > Ballyshannon, Kildare and then they set sail to Melbourne.
          >
          > Children were; all born Victoria,
          > Charles
          > Samuel John
          > John James
          > Caroline marr Hugh Fulton POOL - our line
          > Robert William
          > Ann Eliza.
          >
          > good luck with your research
          >
          > Margaret
          > NZ

        • Tony and Anne-Marie
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
            Hi
            My Johnstone's came from Cloonclare, Co. Leitrim , c.1800
            1.William Johnstone
            2. Alexander Johnstone,
            then 3. James b.1843 to Sydney Australia in 1872/3.
            4. James married Catherine Parfitt/Parford
                    issue:    Alexander 1877-1879
                                Arthur Ernest 1881 - 1926
                                Alberta (Bertha) 1882 - 1973
                                Herbert Alexander 1883 - 1941  my line......
                                Maud 1884 - unknown
                                Archibald  1887 -1888

            Does anyone match up with any of these name, please?
            happy hunting!
            Anne-Marie nee Johnstone