Re: [JohnstonAustralia] Malcolm Johnston

  • Islay
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4 1:53 AM
      Thank you, Anne-Marie

      Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you but I thought I sent an answer.
      It wasn't till today when I went to finish another draft that I saw the
      answer sitting here in Drafts. In the meantime I've been off to Melbourne
      and much though I would have liked to did not branch out and go to Hamilton.

      I do have a year death date for Angus (1927 Hamilton, Vic.) and also in that
      year his brother Charles died. For Alexander I have a date (1934 Hamilton
      again) but none for Mary. Perhaps this is because she may have married.

      Is Coleraine in the registration district of Hamilton?

      .Regards
      Islay

      Islay
      (West Aus)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5 8:06 PM
        Hello Islay
        I don't know if Coleraine is in the Hamilton district.  sorry
        happy hunting
        Anne-Marie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6 2:08 AM

          G’day Islay, [Is that your real name?].

          Coleraine is certainly within the area of Hamilton, absolutely, last time I was in Coleraine it was a lovely little place, a bit off the beaten track so t speak [not on a major highway anymore, but a gorgeous little town. Coleraine just reeked of history; however there is a town in Tasmania with the same name also?

          Best Wishes

          Don in Melbourne

          It has removed 2915 spam emails to date.
          Try SPAMfighter for free now!

          --
          Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

        • Bob and Rose Johnston
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6 5:00 AM
            Amazing the cross contact we get.

            My name is Robert Johnston and in reference to Coleraine in Victoria.  My father was the Station Master there in 1948-1952 with the Victorian Railways.  But we are not directly related to the search Islay is carrying out.  I can identify my direct descendants back to 1821 on the Johnston side.

            Regards

            Robert Johnston

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7 1:24 AM
              Thank you Don and Robert

              Yes Don it really is my name - and I still have to tell people how to pronounce it.

              Regards to all

              Islay