Johnston Information

  • Kevin Clarence
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2006
      Hi all, I am new to this group.  My name is Kevin Clarence from Melbourne Australia.

      My Great Grandfather was John Alexander Johnston b. 17 Feb 1863 in Ross Tasmania.  On 12 July 1983 he married Annie Marsden b. 1 Feb 1863.  Later moving to Melbourne where their children were born.

      John Alexander's father was John Johnston b. 10 June 1835 in Hobart Tasmania. On 12 March 1858 he married Catherine Campbell b. 4 Nov 1837 in Launceston.

      I would like to find out more information about both John Johnstons and their wives and go further back to find out which Johnston first came to Australia how, when and where.

      Cheers for now, hoping someone can help, Kevin
    • Tony and Anne-Marie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2006
        Hi Kevin
        I can't help as it is before my first Johnston/e came here from Co. Leitrim, Ireland.
        good luck
        Anne-Marie (nee Johnstone)