RE: [JohnstonAustralia] Malcolm Johnston

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 15 5:33 AM

      Ours:              http://www.geocities.com/johnstonoz/

      Editor:            Clan Johnston/e Assn' of Australia

                            http://www.johnston.asn.au/

      Co Admin':

      NIRE Genweb   http://www.rootsweb.com/~nirantri/

      CO' Antrim

      Administrator:    A US TRALIA-GENWEB Rootsweb

      http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/AUS/AUSTRALIA-GENWEB.html

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 15 11:56 PM
        Hi Islay
        I searched my Society of Australian Genealogists research CD's regarding your query and found death references for Angus, Alexander and Mary Johnston
        all 28th July, 1885 at Queanbeyan River ..
        do you know of any drowning/boating accident?

        it costs $7.50 (Australian) for  a copy of the reference; would you like me to order it for you on the chance that it is 'your' family??

        Anne-Marie (nee Johnstone)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
          Thank you, Anne-Marie

          Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you but I thought I sent an answer.
          It wasn't till today when I went to finish another draft that I saw the
          answer sitting here in Drafts. In the meantime I've been off to Melbourne
          and much though I would have liked to did not branch out and go to Hamilton.

          I do have a year death date for Angus (1927 Hamilton, Vic.) and also in that
          year his brother Charles died. For Alexander I have a date (1934 Hamilton
          again) but none for Mary. Perhaps this is because she may have married.

          Is Coleraine in the registration district of Hamilton?

          .Regards
          Islay

          Islay
          (West Aus)

          I'm looking for information on a Malcolm Johnston, born Isle of Coll,
          who
          died in 1890 at Hamilton, Victoria. His wife was Mary McKinnon and
          children
          were Charles, Angus, Allan, Mary, Alexander, Uena, Catherine, this
          latter
          died at Coleraine in 1958.

          Any information and/or further descendants please.

          Islay Kelly

          Family tree information Johnston

          Service.

        • Tony and Anne-Marie
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006
            Hello Islay
            I don't know if Coleraine is in the Hamilton district.  sorry
            happy hunting
            Anne-Marie
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2006

              G’day Islay, [Is that your real name?].

              Coleraine is certainly within the area of Hamilton, absolutely, last time I was in Coleraine it was a lovely little place, a bit off the beaten track so t speak [not on a major highway anymore, but a gorgeous little town. Coleraine just reeked of history; however there is a town in Tasmania with the same name also?

              Best Wishes

              Don in Melbourne

              It has removed 2915 spam emails to date.
              Try SPAMfighter for free now!

              --
              Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

            • Bob and Rose Johnston
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2006
                Amazing the cross contact we get.

                My name is Robert Johnston and in reference to Coleraine in Victoria.  My father was the Station Master there in 1948-1952 with the Victorian Railways.  But we are not directly related to the search Islay is carrying out.  I can identify my direct descendants back to 1821 on the Johnston side.

                Regards

                Robert Johnston

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2006
                  Thank you Don and Robert

                  Yes Don it really is my name - and I still have to tell people how to pronounce it.

                  Regards to all

                  Islay