John JOHNSTON

  • Carol Spragg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2004
      My John JOHNSTON, was born c1841 supposedly at Ardrossan,Scotland, but
      census records,church records etc in the area haven't found a family for
      him.
      He arrived in New Zealand 1862 after serving in the China War and married in
      Nelson in 1864, age 23years and lived there until he died 24 November 1904,
      leaving a large family.
      His occupation was master mariner.His death notice names him as Captain
      John Johnston.