Re: [JohnstonAustralia] Malcolm Johnston

  • Bob and Rose Johnston
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
      Amazing facts about Malcom Johnston.

      He is not  relative of mine but it is remarkable how all our lives eventually intertwine.

      My father William John Johnston was Station Master at Coleraine between 1948 and 1952/53, so theri paths may have crossed.

      Robert Johnston Darwin NT.  rjoh4692@...

      Best Wishes with your search.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006

        Ours:              http://www.geocities.com/johnstonoz/

        Editor:            Clan Johnston/e Assn' of Australia

                              http://www.johnston.asn.au/

        Co Admin':

        NIRE Genweb   http://www.rootsweb.com/~nirantri/

        CO' Antrim

        Administrator:    A US TRALIA-GENWEB Rootsweb

        http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/AUS/AUSTRALIA-GENWEB.html

        I'm looking for information on a Malcolm Johnston, born Isle of Coll, who
        died in 1890 at Hamilton, Victoria. His  wife was Mary McKinnon and children
        were Charles, Angus, Allan, Mary,  Alexander, Uena, Catherine, this latter
        died at Coleraine in 1958.

        Any information and/or further descendants  please.

        Islay Kelly

        It has removed 2540 spam emails to date.
        Try SPAMfighter for free now!

      • Tony and Anne-Marie
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
          Hi Islay
          I searched my Society of Australian Genealogists research CD's regarding your query and found death references for Angus, Alexander and Mary Johnston
          all 28th July, 1885 at Queanbeyan River ..
          do you know of any drowning/boating accident?

          it costs $7.50 (Australian) for  a copy of the reference; would you like me to order it for you on the chance that it is 'your' family??

          Anne-Marie (nee Johnstone)
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2006
            Thank you, Anne-Marie

            Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you but I thought I sent an answer.
            It wasn't till today when I went to finish another draft that I saw the
            answer sitting here in Drafts. In the meantime I've been off to Melbourne
            and much though I would have liked to did not branch out and go to Hamilton.

            I do have a year death date for Angus (1927 Hamilton, Vic.) and also in that
            year his brother Charles died. For Alexander I have a date (1934 Hamilton
            again) but none for Mary. Perhaps this is because she may have married.

            Is Coleraine in the registration district of Hamilton?

            .Regards
            Islay

            Islay
            (West Aus)

            I'm looking for information on a Malcolm Johnston, born Isle of Coll,
            who
            died in 1890 at Hamilton, Victoria. His wife was Mary McKinnon and
            children
            were Charles, Angus, Allan, Mary, Alexander, Uena, Catherine, this
            latter
            died at Coleraine in 1958.

            Any information and/or further descendants please.

            Islay Kelly

            Family tree information Johnston

            Service.

          • Tony and Anne-Marie
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2006
              Hello Islay
              I don't know if Coleraine is in the Hamilton district.  sorry
              happy hunting
              Anne-Marie
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2006

                G’day Islay, [Is that your real name?].

                Coleraine is certainly within the area of Hamilton, absolutely, last time I was in Coleraine it was a lovely little place, a bit off the beaten track so t speak [not on a major highway anymore, but a gorgeous little town. Coleraine just reeked of history; however there is a town in Tasmania with the same name also?

                Best Wishes

                Don in Melbourne

                It has removed 2915 spam emails to date.
                Try SPAMfighter for free now!

                --
                Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

              • Bob and Rose Johnston
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2006
                  Amazing the cross contact we get.

                  My name is Robert Johnston and in reference to Coleraine in Victoria.  My father was the Station Master there in 1948-1952 with the Victorian Railways.  But we are not directly related to the search Islay is carrying out.  I can identify my direct descendants back to 1821 on the Johnston side.

                  Regards

                  Robert Johnston

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2006
                    Thank you Don and Robert

                    Yes Don it really is my name - and I still have to tell people how to pronounce it.

                    Regards to all

                    Islay