Malcolm Johnston

  • Islay
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
      Hi

      I'm looking for information on a Malcolm Johnston, born Isle of Coll, who
      died in 1890 at Hamilton, Victoria. His wife was Mary McKinnon and children
      were Charles, Angus, Allan, Mary, Alexander, Uena, Catherine, this latter
      died at Coleraine in 1958.

      Any information and/or further descendants please.

      Islay Kelly
    • Bob and Rose Johnston
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
        Amazing facts about Malcom Johnston.

        He is not  relative of mine but it is remarkable how all our lives eventually intertwine.

        My father William John Johnston was Station Master at Coleraine between 1948 and 1952/53, so theri paths may have crossed.

        Robert Johnston Darwin NT.  rjoh4692@...

        Best Wishes with your search.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006

          Ours:              http://www.geocities.com/johnstonoz/

          Editor:            Clan Johnston/e Assn' of Australia

                                http://www.johnston.asn.au/

          Co Admin':

          NIRE Genweb   http://www.rootsweb.com/~nirantri/

          CO' Antrim

          Administrator:    A US TRALIA-GENWEB Rootsweb

          http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/AUS/AUSTRALIA-GENWEB.html

          I'm looking for information on a Malcolm Johnston, born Isle of Coll, who
          died in 1890 at Hamilton, Victoria. His  wife was Mary McKinnon and children
          were Charles, Angus, Allan, Mary,  Alexander, Uena, Catherine, this latter
          died at Coleraine in 1958.

          Any information and/or further descendants  please.

          Islay Kelly

          It has removed 2540 spam emails to date.
          Try SPAMfighter for free now!

        • Tony and Anne-Marie
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
            Hi Islay
            I searched my Society of Australian Genealogists research CD's regarding your query and found death references for Angus, Alexander and Mary Johnston
            all 28th July, 1885 at Queanbeyan River ..
            do you know of any drowning/boating accident?

            it costs $7.50 (Australian) for  a copy of the reference; would you like me to order it for you on the chance that it is 'your' family??

            Anne-Marie (nee Johnstone)
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4 1:53 AM
              Thank you, Anne-Marie

              Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you but I thought I sent an answer.
              It wasn't till today when I went to finish another draft that I saw the
              answer sitting here in Drafts. In the meantime I've been off to Melbourne
              and much though I would have liked to did not branch out and go to Hamilton.

              I do have a year death date for Angus (1927 Hamilton, Vic.) and also in that
              year his brother Charles died. For Alexander I have a date (1934 Hamilton
              again) but none for Mary. Perhaps this is because she may have married.

              Is Coleraine in the registration district of Hamilton?

              .Regards
              Islay

              Islay
              (West Aus)

              I'm looking for information on a Malcolm Johnston, born Isle of Coll,
              who
              died in 1890 at Hamilton, Victoria. His wife was Mary McKinnon and
              children
              were Charles, Angus, Allan, Mary, Alexander, Uena, Catherine, this
              latter
              died at Coleraine in 1958.

              Any information and/or further descendants please.

              Islay Kelly

              Family tree information Johnston

              Service.

            • Tony and Anne-Marie
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5 8:06 PM
                Hello Islay
                I don't know if Coleraine is in the Hamilton district.  sorry
                happy hunting
                Anne-Marie
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6 2:08 AM

                  G’day Islay, [Is that your real name?].

                  Coleraine is certainly within the area of Hamilton, absolutely, last time I was in Coleraine it was a lovely little place, a bit off the beaten track so t speak [not on a major highway anymore, but a gorgeous little town. Coleraine just reeked of history; however there is a town in Tasmania with the same name also?

                  Best Wishes

                  Don in Melbourne

                  It has removed 2915 spam emails to date.
                  Try SPAMfighter for free now!

                  --
                  Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

                • Bob and Rose Johnston
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6 5:00 AM
                    Amazing the cross contact we get.

                    My name is Robert Johnston and in reference to Coleraine in Victoria.  My father was the Station Master there in 1948-1952 with the Victorian Railways.  But we are not directly related to the search Islay is carrying out.  I can identify my direct descendants back to 1821 on the Johnston side.

                    Regards

                    Robert Johnston

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 7 1:24 AM
                      Thank you Don and Robert

                      Yes Don it really is my name - and I still have to tell people how to pronounce it.

                      Regards to all

                      Islay