Re[4]: [JohnstonAustralia] Database

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004
      Hi Lorna,
      Many thanks for that- headings I would suggest:

      Name : date of birth & death : birthplace : Ship to Aust & date : where
      settled : spouse : children

      Any other suggestions, folks?

      Gillian

      LJ> Gillian,

      LJ> I'll try and draft something up but I'll need instructions on how to
      LJ> upload it. Perhaps I could just send it to you. I'll get started and
      LJ> wait for instructions after you've got a few opinions from others.

      LJ> Lorna.

      e>>

      LJ> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      LJ> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      TERAUSTRALIS AUSTRALIAN TERRIERS - www.ozemail.com.au/~gillda/
      Life at the top may be lonely, but you eat better.
    • Carol Spragg
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004
        As the List is including New Zealand, would it be possible to include Nz in
        the place where the ship arrived?
        Carol

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2004
          Hi Carol,
          Yes thanks Carol, Gillian
          CS> As the List is including New Zealand, would it be possible to include Nz in
          CS> the place where the ship arrived?
          CS> Carol
        • maureen
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2004
            Could the heading be "Australasia", then in the column below, if known,
            the port of entry? If port not known, perhaps the State, AUS or NZ.

            Maureen, whose Johnstons came to Sydney, from Donegal IRL, in the
            1880s - and I can't find them arriving.

            Arriving were: father (widower) John Johnston and his children Samuel,
            Robert, Fanny Ann and James. Another son, Thomas, was already in
            Sydney.