RE: Re[2]: [JohnstonAustralia] Database

  • Lorna Jones
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2004
      Message
      Gillian,

      I'll try and draft something up but I'll need instructions on how to upload it.  Perhaps I could just send it to you.  I'll get started and wait for instructions after you've got a few opinions from others.

      Lorna.
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004
        Hi Lorna,
        Many thanks for that- headings I would suggest:

        Name : date of birth & death : birthplace : Ship to Aust & date : where
        settled : spouse : children

        Any other suggestions, folks?

        Gillian

        LJ> Gillian,

        LJ> I'll try and draft something up but I'll need instructions on how to
        LJ> upload it. Perhaps I could just send it to you. I'll get started and
        LJ> wait for instructions after you've got a few opinions from others.

        LJ> Lorna.

        e>>

        LJ> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        LJ> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        TERAUSTRALIS AUSTRALIAN TERRIERS - www.ozemail.com.au/~gillda/
        Life at the top may be lonely, but you eat better.
      • Carol Spragg
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004
          As the List is including New Zealand, would it be possible to include Nz in
          the place where the ship arrived?
          Carol

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2004
            Hi Carol,
            Yes thanks Carol, Gillian
            CS> As the List is including New Zealand, would it be possible to include Nz in
            CS> the place where the ship arrived?
            CS> Carol
          • maureen
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7, 2004
              Could the heading be "Australasia", then in the column below, if known,
              the port of entry? If port not known, perhaps the State, AUS or NZ.

              Maureen, whose Johnstons came to Sydney, from Donegal IRL, in the
              1880s - and I can't find them arriving.

              Arriving were: father (widower) John Johnston and his children Samuel,
              Robert, Fanny Ann and James. Another son, Thomas, was already in
              Sydney.