Re: [JohnstonAustralia] FW: Roll Call--Johnstone, Bell, Pattie, Carlyle, Crosbie, Tod

  • Bob and Rose Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
      HI there, my wife Rose and I live in Darwin Ausralia.  Right up the top end.

      Currently we are in the cyclone season so its a bit wet and windy.

      My Johnstons go directly back to James Galbraith Johnston born 1821 in Australia but his father was James Johnston born in the UK, thats all we know at present.

      We have quite a big family spread mainly throughout Victoria in Australia and predominately Melbourne, the capital.

      Best wishes on your search.

      Robert Jhnston
      Darwin Australia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
        Hi Bob,
        Welcome to the list, and hopefully we may be able to match up some
        relations somewhere...

        My Johnstons were from Antrim, though I am sure they originally came
        from Scotland before then, but we haven't been able to track down any
        migration Scotland-Antrim because of the lack of records. I hope you
        have better luck!
        best wishes,

        Gillian
        Adelaide