FW: Roll Call--Johnstone, Bell, Pattie, Carlyle, Crosbie, Tod

  • Les Hewett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2006
      -----Original Message-----
      From: SNiculescu@... [mailto:SNiculescu@...]
      Sent: Saturday, 14 January 2006 3:24 p.m.
      To: DUMFRIES-GALLOWAY-L@...
      Subject: Roll Call--Johnstone, Bell, Pattie, Carlyle, Crosbie, Tod

      Hi,

      Happy New Year to all!

      I would love to hear from anyone with interests in:

      JOHNSTONE, Agness, Margaret, Jannet, Jean, Jane, Samuel, Mary, Henrietta,
      Sarah, Elizabeth, Emma, John, Walter, William, James, etc in Corrielaw,
      Sheepknows, (Hutton and Corrie), Maxwelltown, Dumfries, from 1700 on.

      BELL, James, Janet, John, etc in Sheepknows (Hutton and Corrie) from 1800
      on.

      PATTIE, Sarah, John, in Cannonbie, Tundergarth, from 1750 on.

      CARLYLE, John, Agness, Robert, William, Thomas, James, etc, in Sandbed
      (Hoddam), Middlebie, from 1700 on.

      CROSBIE, James, Margaret, William, Jessie, Charles, David, John, from
      Kirkmahoe, Carronbridge, from 1700 on.

      TOD, Euphemia, Thomas, etc in Middlebie from 1700 on.

      Also, I would love to hear about any descendents of the above who moved to
      Liverpool, Northern Ireland, Canada, Kenya, Ghana, Australia, New Zealand,
      USA,
      etc. And any ancestors of the above would also be of great interest!

      Looking forward to hearing from a bunch of you!

      Thanks!

      Susan Niculescu

      ______________________________
    • Bob and Rose Johnston
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
        HI there, my wife Rose and I live in Darwin Ausralia.  Right up the top end.

        Currently we are in the cyclone season so its a bit wet and windy.

        My Johnstons go directly back to James Galbraith Johnston born 1821 in Australia but his father was James Johnston born in the UK, thats all we know at present.

        We have quite a big family spread mainly throughout Victoria in Australia and predominately Melbourne, the capital.

        Best wishes on your search.

        Robert Jhnston
        Darwin Australia

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
          Hi Bob,
          Welcome to the list, and hopefully we may be able to match up some
          relations somewhere...

          My Johnstons were from Antrim, though I am sure they originally came
          from Scotland before then, but we haven't been able to track down any
          migration Scotland-Antrim because of the lack of records. I hope you
          have better luck!
          best wishes,

          Gillian
          Adelaide