Andrew Johnston

  • mauds_daughter
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2005
      Good morning listers....i is just sooooo good to be back in oz:
      amazing - a prolonged stay away, enables us to see everything
      fresh...

      Now, getting back to much more serious matters

      On the marriage certificate 1856 Castlemaine, Victorian Registration
      #652 of Jesse HOLMES and Agnes JOHNSTON born abt 1831, London, her
      father Andrew JOHNSTON is listed as a gardener, her mother Mary Ann
      ONGLEY [previously thought to be LONGLEY

      On the 1861 UK Census, we have an Andrew JOHNSTON aged 65, born abt
      1796 in Scotland - gardener; married to Mary Ann, aged 53, born
      about 1808 in Blenchey, Kent, England, with two children: John born
      about 1836, and Elizabeth born about 1839 - in Marylebone, England.
      Hunting in the 1871 UK Census, I think that both Andrew and Mary Ann
      may de deceased.

      every little bit helps methinks !
      Best wishes...
      Pamela

      aussiepam@...
    • petenvau
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2005
        Welcome Home Pam, having just arrived back home after a week of
        working in Tasmania. I didn't [and it was a hard thing to do :)]
        access my emails whilst there and came back to a few hundred emails.
        Good to have you back on Aussie soil given the unfolding tragedies and
        disasters in the US
        Best Wishes
        Don