JOHNSTON William

  • jhcgac
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2005
      William JOHNSTON (born in Fifeshire Scotland c1830) who married
      Susan HUTTON,(born 1834 at Dumbartonshire),at Anderston,Lanark,Parish
      of Glasgow on 5/11/1854 were my GGgrandparents.
      William's parents are unknown to me; Susan's were Malcolm HUTTON &
      Susan SINCLAIR.
      At the time of the marriage William was a Blacksmith. William &
      Susan arrived in Australia probably Qld. In Australia he was a Chief
      Enigneer on a coastal ship.
      Susan & William had eight chilren;1855 David,1857 Susan,1859
      Mary,1861 Annie all born Qld.,1863 Rachel,1866 Marion Hosy,1868
      William A,1872 James all born NSW.
      Susan died 1872 at Pyrmont,NSW: but William's death time & place are
      unknown. Family history says he was aged 59 yrs.
      Any information on this family will be appreciated...Regards Julie.