RE: [JohnstonAustralia] Database

  • Lorna Jones
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2004
      Message
      Hi Gillian

      This sounds like a great idea.  I like working with Excel so am happy to help. The info could just be transcribed from emails received.

      I'll leave the logistics up to someone else though.

      Lorna
      Sydney

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2004
          Message
          Gillian,

          I'll try and draft something up but I'll need instructions on how to upload it.  Perhaps I could just send it to you.  I'll get started and wait for instructions after you've got a few opinions from others.

          Lorna.
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004
              Hi Lorna,
              Many thanks for that- headings I would suggest:

              Name : date of birth & death : birthplace : Ship to Aust & date : where
              settled : spouse : children

              Any other suggestions, folks?

              Gillian

              LJ> Gillian,

              LJ> I'll try and draft something up but I'll need instructions on how to
              LJ> upload it. Perhaps I could just send it to you. I'll get started and
              LJ> wait for instructions after you've got a few opinions from others.

              LJ> Lorna.

              e>>

              LJ> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              LJ> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              TERAUSTRALIS AUSTRALIAN TERRIERS - www.ozemail.com.au/~gillda/
              Life at the top may be lonely, but you eat better.
            • Carol Spragg
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2004
                As the List is including New Zealand, would it be possible to include Nz in
                the place where the ship arrived?
                Carol

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2004
                  Hi Carol,
                  Yes thanks Carol, Gillian
                  CS> As the List is including New Zealand, would it be possible to include Nz in
                  CS> the place where the ship arrived?
                  CS> Carol
                • maureen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 7, 2004
                    Could the heading be "Australasia", then in the column below, if known,
                    the port of entry? If port not known, perhaps the State, AUS or NZ.

                    Maureen, whose Johnstons came to Sydney, from Donegal IRL, in the
                    1880s - and I can't find them arriving.

                    Arriving were: father (widower) John Johnston and his children Samuel,
                    Robert, Fanny Ann and James. Another son, Thomas, was already in
                    Sydney.