Good morning Johnston group in Australia

  • Dianne Millward
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2004
      Hi, I'm cheating a bit because I live in UK.  My great grandfather was John Hayes Johnstone from Scotland.  That's about all I know, which is my I joined your group!  Family legend says one of his brothers went to Australia so I just thought it might be worth a try!  If anyone has the name Hayes linked to a Johnstone would love to hear from them.  Do you know how many John Johnstones were born in Scotland in 1862/63?  Thousands!  However, you might kick me out because I notice your Johnston is without the e.  Grandma's birth cert. shows her Dad spelt with an e - so if I am in wrong place etc. feel free to get rid of me!

      Thank you - Di
    • Ian
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2004
        Spelling is only in the eye of the holder. not important here

        Ian Johnston
        1488 County Road #8,
        Toledo,On K0E 1Y0
        613-275-2342