Johnstons in Rushworth

  • gherang
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26 11:03 PM
      Hello Trevor We met some years ago, I'm John Jack Johnstone's g
      daughter from his 2nd marriage, you came to see us and had a reunion
      with a lot of the clan.
      I've not found much more than what we had back then but Lewis died in
      1903 in Mpna Hosp James had 2 daughters that died very young and are
      buried at Whroo Cemetery. I haven't found his death nor anything on
      Alexander. But I have got Jessie's brothers and sisters and her
      mothers family if you would like them. Val
    • storeyboy2
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2005
        --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "gherang" <gherang@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Trevor We met some years ago, I'm John Jack Johnstone's g
        > daughter from his 2nd marriage, you came to see us and had a reunion
        > with a lot of the clan.
        > I've not found much more than what we had back then but Lewis died in
        > 1903 in Mpna Hosp James had 2 daughters that died very young and are
        > buried at Whroo Cemetery. I haven't found his death nor anything on
        > Alexander. But I have got Jessie's brothers and sisters and her
        > mothers family if you would like them. Val

        Hello Val, It's so good to have the contact again. You have no idea
        how often I've thought of you and your family over these 16 years. Kaye
        and almost took off by car again a couple of years ago. I'll send you a
        copy of the drama separately. Anyway, Val we're still working on it.
        I have spoken to Joyce a few times, the most recent when our grand-
        daughter Amy went to Melb. for the first time, to meet up with her
        fiance Dean who was on leave from Cerberus Base and I asked if Joyce
        could possibly meet Amy on arrival. Fortunately Joyce was going to
        town to change trains to Pamela's and was able to go early and be there
        for Amy. They had a great time and I was so thankful for that.
        I'm thrilled that you have got on to this site, Val, and so pleased you
        have info on our great uncles. I'd love a copy of any material at all
        that you have. It's been so hard to get anything from the free-sites
        that I've tried up to now. Joyce told me you had moved from McKillop
        St, which was the only address I had for you.
        My e-mail address is -- worthtnk@... ( the "nk"means'and
        Kaye'). I showed Amy and Jill her Mum ( our only daughter) the video
        tape of that wonderful re-union we all had in '89.

        I've had a wonderful breakthru' via the net last Dec, finding that My
        GFather GEORGE WORTH from WA was really GEO STOREY of Bendigo
        b.1872,hence 4 or more generations of our WA mob have all this time
        since 1903 or earlier been under an assumed name that he took on when
        leaving Vic and his family around 1893, never to go back again and
        dying with his secret in Sept 1941. I was 3 at the time and saw him
        give me a weak V-for-Victory just before he died.

        This is on-going currently with my cousin Brian Worth in Canb, and very
        exciting as you can imagine. A whole new identity and family. I have
        started making contact with the BILL TOON fam. and looking to contact
        the SEELEY fam. in Melb. as soon as I can. You wouldn't know of these
        names would you Val ? They are in-law names to the STOREY family.

        I'd better stop this now and carry on later. Wonderful to see your
        posting and look forward to on-going contact again with you. Hope your
        family are well - please let us know about them all Val.

        Love and kindest regards to you all, Trev and Kaye