Johnston Vault at Waverley Cemetery

  • lornajj47
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
      Hello All

      On Monday I visited Waverley Cemetery at Bronte, Sydney. While
      browsing the headstones I came across a huge JOHNSTON Family Vault.
      I had my digital camera with me so I took photographs of all the
      inscriptions. Unfortunately, some didn't turn out too good due to
      them being too high or too far away.

      I have typed up the inscriptions into an Excel spreadsheet and
      placed it on the group website. It may seem a little confusing but
      I typed it as I found the names on the photos. It would have taken
      ages to try and sort out the family, though it would be an
      interesting exercise to draw a family tree!
      I hope someone finds it interesting, if not useful. Feel free to
      copy it to your computer. Anyone interested in any of the photos
      can contact me, I'd be happy to send them on, or post them on the
      site.

      I will place one photo on the webpage now.

      Lorna.
    • Maureen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
        Hi All,

        That's the family of George JOHNSTON and First Fleet convict Esther ABRAHAMS.  They named their house 'Annandale'

        Esther has been claimed on Lesley UEBEL's 'Claim a Convict' site http://users.bigpond.net.au/convicts/page9.html - contact: spanach37@...

        There are lots of hits in the Colonial Secretary's Correspondence for George JOHNSTON.

        Maureen