Re: Johnston at Hamilton Victoria

  • Islay
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2005
      I'm looking for descendants of a MALCOLM JOHNSTON born 1827 on the Isle of
      Coll, Scotland, emigrated with his father, a brother Allan and a sister Mary
      to Tasmania ibn 1857, married a Mary McKinnon (place anddate unknown) and
      died at Hamilton in Victoria,Aus., in 1890. His children were: Charles
      (born Branxholme), Angus (born Branxholme), Allan (born Viiolet Town), Mary
      Alexander, Uena and Catherine -the last four were all born at Hamilton.

      Any helpwill be appreciated.

      Islay

        > Since my last posts I have had a tremendous amount of information on
        > the JOHNSTONs of Australia from Joan Baker. She even managed to find
        > the death notice of Alma JOHNSTON. In part it reads
        >
        > Suddenly December 4 1979, at nursing home Ashfield, dearly loved wife
        > of the late Clement Morrison Johnston, both formerly of Balmain,
        > loved
        > mother of Pamela, mother in law of John, and Nanie of John, Clement,
        > and Linda Maree loved by us all.
        >
        > Unfortunately it does not mention the surname of John and their
        > children. I would asppreciate any help one can give.
        >
        > As I said in my earlier postings, Pamela would be my friends Aunt and
        > Pamela's children would be her cousins. She would love to be in
        > contact
        > with them.
        >
        > I would also like to thank Joan Baker, she has been an absolute
        > Godsend.
        >
        > Regards
        > Andy
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Islay
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2005

          Thank you Margaret

          You never know they just might tie in .My gr.gr .grandfather was an Allan Johnston.

          Islay