Samuel Christopher Johnston and Ann Eliza Carroll

  • P&ML Pool
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi all,
      Do not have any Johnsons in my tree, but my husband does, they are the Irish variety.

      This is my husbands family, Samuel Christopher Johnston s/o William Johnston a schoolmaster, married Ann[ie] Eliza Carroll in Ballyshannon Co Kildare Ireland, 12 Jan 1855.
       Anns was the d/o James Carroll a mason and Eliza Murdock.

      Samuel and Ann arrived in Melbourne sometime later in 1855 when a son was born.
      Their children were,
      Charles b c 1855, possibly married Sarah Ann Howell, this needs to be checked out.

      Samuel John b 1857 Beechworth, Vic

      John James b 1860 Happy Valley, Vic

      Caroline b 10 Feb 1863, Myrtleford, Vic
      married Hugh Fulton Pool, 1884 and lived all their lives in the Freeburgh area, Hugh and Caroline are buried in Bright. These are my husbands g grandparents.

      Robert William b 1866 Myrtleford, died 1902 buried in Wangaratta.

      Ann Eliza b 1870 Running Creek. Can anyone tell me where this is.

      I have listed all I know about this family which isnt a lot, so if anyone can add anything that would be great.

      I visited Bright and the surrounding area last year, time was short as usual and I seemed to find more on the Pools that time.Its a lovely area to visit, the leaves were just starting to turn, and we really enjoyed ourselves.

      Rergards to all,
      Margaret Pool,
      Whangaparaoa,
      NZ
    • lornajj47
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2004
        Hi Margaret

        Running Creek is in the north of Victoria. Visit this website
        http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/home.jsp and do a search. Zoom the
        map out then you will get some idea.

        Lorna.

        --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "P&ML Pool" <P.ML.Pool@x>

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2004
          Hi Lorna,
          thanks for that, also for doing the data base of Johnstons, it will be a
          great help