54Database Updated

  • lornajj47
    Nov 30, 2004
      Hi Everyone

      I have now updated the database in the 'Files' section on the
      Group
      page. It contains information taken from emails to date. The
      database is an Excel file; next update will be mid-January .

      Please do not make changes to the file on the webpage. Instead of
      opening the file, save it to your computer when prompted, and then
      open from there. Send all changes to the group or to Lorna at
      snag@....

      In order to allow you to sort the file I was unable to add a header
      row. Therefore notes are in the form of a footer. Read the footer
      by either printing the file or clicking on 'print preview'.

      I have only included information on persons arrived or born in
      Australasia. Any other relevant information is in the 'Relationship'
      column. (e.g.Son 4 indicates he was the son of the person at number
      4)

      For those unfamiliar with Excel, instructions to sort the file are:
      1. Firstly click on the column you wish to sort by.
      2. Click on the DATA menu. This will bring up a box.
      3. Choose your sorting criteria.
      4. Click 'Header Row'
      5. Click 'OK'.

      I have sorted by 'firstname' but you might find it useful to sort
      by 'ship' or 'birthplace'. To place in families do a sort
      by 'no.', they will then be displayed in the order in which I have
      entered them. Remember, any sorting should be done after you have
      saved the file to your computer.

      If I have made any errors, or you would like any changes, please let
      me know. Suggestions would also be appreciated.

      Please contact me if you have any problems.

      Lorna.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic