412Search AU convict ancestors FREE from Jan 24th until Jan 31st January*

    Jan 25, 2010

      Find your AU convict ancestors

      Searching for your AU convict ancestors is FREE from 24th until 31st January 2010*.

      To help celebrate Australia Day we've made it easier for you to discover your family history. With over 2.3 Million searchable convict and criminal related records, we've created the most comprehensive online collection of Australian convict records, so now there's more chance of discovering if there is a convict relative hiding in your family history. It's easy, just enter the name of an ancestor, say your great-great-grandfather to start searching our online convict collections. If you don't know their full name you can start with just a surname. Simply register for free and you can view images of original records dating back to 1788. It is estimated that about 1 in 5 Australians^ has a convict ancestor. Are you one of them?

      *Terms and conditions apply:

      Access to the convict records will be free from 00.00.01 on 24th January 2010 until midnight on 31st January 2010 AEDT. To view these records, you will need to register for free with Ancestry.com.au with your name and email address. We will then send you a user name and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view these records using an Ancestry.com.au paid membership.