386Hope this gets you okay sorry

  • alice mckinstry
    Apr 12, 2009

      THIS IS JUST A QUICK RUN DOWN MY MARRIED NAME IS MCKINSTRY BUT I AM ALICE JOHNSTONE MY FATHER WAS BORN TO JOHN AND MARION JOHNSTONE FROM NETHERBURN LANARKSHIRE BUT FATHER WAS ONE OF FIVE BROTHERS ONE OF WHOM EMIGRATED TO AUSTRALIA OVER 57YEARS AGO WE HAD BEEN IN TOUCH WITH HIM HIS LAST ADDRESS WAS ROCKHAMPTON AND THEN OUT OF THE BLUE OUR LETTERS WERE RETURNED NOT KNOWN AT THAT ADDRESS SO I SUPPOSE HE HAS PAST AWAY AS HAS ALL OF THE FIVE BROTHERS MY FATHER WAS KILLED IN WORLD WAR TWO AND MUM RAISED US THREE GIRLS HERSELF SO WE ARE VERY PROUD OF OUR JOHNSTONE NAME HOPE THIS DOES NOT BORE YOU AS I AM NOT TO SURE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BUT NO DOUBT WILL BE IN TOUCH AGAIN SOON.

                           KIND REGARDS ALICE MCKINSTRY NEE JOHNSTONE

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic