315Re: [JohnstonAustralia] Digest Number 171

    Jan 6, 2008
      Hi Kim -
      it is good to hear from you and that you have such an
      illustrious ancestor. My brother Donald Johnston always liked to
      impress people by saying it was a Johnston who was the first person to
      land in Australia (from the First Fleet) - actuallyYOUR ancestor!

      If they were in NSW, try
      http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/search.htm
      I have had great success there finding NSW relatives.

      If in Victoria
      http://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/home

      Both sites allow you to get them online (if you pay, of course!)

      best wishes, Gillian, Adelaide

      Jyc> Hi my maiden name is Kim Johnston.

      Jyc> I've joined this group hoping that someone can help me connect the
      Jyc> dots of my ancestry - or at least point me in the right direction? :)
      Jyc> Any help would really be appreciated.

      Jyc> I know that my Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather was George
      Jyc> Johnston who came over on the First Fleet, and I've discovered the
      Jyc> next generation down - but then I've lost 2 generations from them down
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic