306RE: RE : [JohnstonAustralia] My Johnstons in Ireland, NZ & Australia

    Oct 25, 2007
      Hello Elizabeth,
      I know you are asking specific questions about William JOHNSTON, but I did a quick search on RootsWeb.com and I did find a researcher that mentions Graydon JOHNSTON. This researcher is really researching the Mollie WILLANS side of the family.
      If you have not seen it before, the information may be handy for future research.
      www.worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

      Have you also visited the following link on the MATURIN and JOHNSTON families? Once again Graydon JOHNSTON and Mollie WILLANS is mentioned.
      www.maturin..org.uk/index.html

      Just for your future use this following link to Australian Cemeteries may be of assistance.
      www.ozgenonline.com/aust_cemeteries/

      I am visiting the library this week in Darwin so I will see if they have a disc on the information that you ask for. Lets keep our fingers crossed as most information of this type for public access  does not normally go beyond 1920.

      good luck
      cheers
      Tony Johnston.
      Virginia. Northern Territory.

      Johnstons Jungle

      johnstons_jungle@...

      To: JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com
      From: lizaugereau@...
      Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:01:11 +0200
      Subject: RE : [JohnstonAustralia] My Johnstons in Ireland, NZ & Australia

      Hello everyone,
      The on-line birth records for NSW only go up to 1906.
      Would anyone have a CD of these records, to see if
      there is a William W. Johnston born about 1935, father
      Graydon, mother Mollie nee Willans.

      Many thanks in advance
      Liz

      --- Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@ yahoo.fr> a
      écrit :

      > Hi again all,
      > I ordered Graydon Mather Johnston's death cert dated
      > 1967 in Bathurst. It says that Graydon was born in
      > Stirling West, South Australia (1898). As I said in
      > my first message, he was then in a school in
      > Auckland
      > before the family returned to Australia in 1907.
      > Perhaps they came back to Stirling West ...
      > Graydon & his wife Mollie nee Willans had one son,
      > William W. Johnston, born about 1936.
      > Perhaps he is still in Bathurst ... at the time the
      > family were living at 18 Blandford St.
      > Has anyone got access to records in South Australia
      > see if Graydon's parents, William and Ellen are
      > buried
      > there...
      > Or indeed to marriage records in NSW after 1960, to
      > see perhaps if William W. Johnston married ...
      >
      > Many thanks for any help at all !!!
      > Liz
      >

      > --- Elizabeth Augereau <lizaugereau@ yahoo.fr> a
      > écrit :
      >
      > > Hello everyone,
      > > Thank you for including me in this group. I have
      > > Johnstons on both sides of my family - there is no
      > > connection between the two !
      > > So I am Irish, married to a Frenchman and living
      > in
      > > France although I go to Ireland regularly to see
      > the
      > > family.
      > > My father's mother's maiden name was Johnston and
      > it
      > > was these ancestors who emigrated to NZ in the
      > > 1850s.
      > > William Johnston, a solicitor (my great x 2
      > > grandfather' s brother) in Temuka, Otago. To cut a
      > > long story short, I am looking for his son,
      > another
      > > William ;
      > >
      > > William JOHNSTON born on 16th August 1860 in Kuri
      > > Bush, Otago. He probably married Ellen Sophia
      > > MATHER.
      > > The 1893 Taieri electoral roll has an entry for
      > > Ellen
      > > Mather of Mosgiel, domestic duties. They had one
      > > son.
      > >
      > > Graydon Mather JOHNSTON, born 5th November 1898.
      > > He
      > > was enrolled in St Helier’s School in Auckland
      > > between
      > > October 1905 and February 1907 when the family
      > went
      > > Australia. Graydon married Mollie WILLANS in
      > 1933,
      > > in
      > > Chatswood, NSW. He died in 1967 and Mollie in
      > 1969.
      > >
      > > They are both buried in Bathurst, NSW.
      > >
      > > I lose track of William & family as from 1907 when
      > > they went to Australia - I don't know where they
      > > went
      > > ... until 1933 when son Graydon married in
      > Chatswood
      > > etc etc (see above)
      > > I have looked in NSW, Victoria and can't find
      > death
      > > of
> [...]

      Check our comprehensive Salary Centre Overpaid or Underpaid?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic