268Re: Birth Death & Marriage - Victorian look up's

  • kiwi_cat_23
    Jun 30, 2007
      Thank you so much Tony!
      Fantastic to have those extra marriages. I might need to purchase
      either Alfred Carlton or Fanny Johnston's death certs though as i had
      no idea about those 2 earlier births of children. I had Jacks birth
      and then Alfred and Fanny had my gt grandfather and another son in
      New Zealand. A death cert should clarify those 2 other children
      though (i should do this especially since they happened before
      marriage) I have Alfred and Fanny's death refs.
      Gosh i'm stumped as to what happened to John Lawson Johnston, he
      seems to just disappear! I think i should get Fanny's death as John
      was listed as her father! Might just mean that the informant was not
      very good but could be interesting!
      Thank you for all that! I appreciate it alot!
      Cheers
      Cat

      --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Johnston"
      <johnstons_jungle@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Cheers.
      > Tony Johnston
      > Palmerston NT

      > Charles George JOHNSTON
      > Married
      > Ellen JONES ( I presume that this is also Helen JONES)
      > In Victoria 1858. Registration No. 1284.
      >
      > Children:
      > **********
      >
      > *Charles Frederick JOHNSTON
      > B: 1867 at Prahran. Registration No. 23976.
      >
      > *George William JOHNSTON
      > B: 1869 at Emerald Hills. Registration No. 15480.
      >
      > *Alfred Whitman. JOHNSTON
      > B: 1874 at Emerald Hills. Registration No. 2327.
      >
      > *Ernest Albert JOHNSTON
      > B: 1876 at Emerald Hills. Registration No. 2524.
      >
      > *Fanny Louisa Dudley JOHNSTON
      > B: 1878 at Emerald Hills. Registration No. 15701.
      >
      > Child of Charles George JOHNSTON and Helen JONES
      > *John Lawson JOHNSTON
      > B: 1862 at Inglewood. Registration No. 8804
      >
      > I could find no other information about marriage or the siring of
      > children to
      > John Lawson JOHNSTON
      >

      > MARRIAGES
      > ****************
      > *
      > Charles Frederick JOHNSTON married
      > Emma Louisa WINDSOR
      > 1896. Registration No. 1130R
      > *
      > George William JOHNSTON married
      > Emily Elizabeth BURGE (born at Williamstown)
      > 1903. Registration No. 1221
      > *
      > Alfred Whitman JOHNSTON married
      > Sarah Beatrice O'CONNOR
      > 1898. Registration No. 1720
      >
      > Child.
      > Charles Stuart JOHNSTON
      > B: 1899 at Carlton Nth. Registration No. 1838
      >
      > *
      > Ernest Albert JOHNSTON married
      > Susan Catherine JOHNSTON
      > 1918. Registration No. 6164
      > *
      > Fanny Louisa JOHNSTON married
      > Alfred John CARLTON ( born at Albert Park)
      > 1899. Registration No. 3519
      >
      > Children:
      > Adrain (sic) Lynell CARLTON
      > B: 1891 at Warracknabeal. Registration No. 28424
      >
      > Vernon Johnstone(sic) CARLTON
      > B: 1894 at Warracknabeal. Registration No. 7622
      >
      > Jack Dudley CARLTON
      > B: 1900 at Hawthorn. Registration No. 11598

      > I did a search of George William JOHNSON/JOHNSTON/JOHNSTONE and
      could
      > find no deaths recorded around 1906.
      >
      > If you see (sic) after a name, that is how it is spelt on the disc
      > have.
      > Tony

      > --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "kiwi_cat_23"
      > <kiwi_cat_23@> wrote:
      >
      > Hi Tony
      > How generous of you to offer look ups! I was wondering if you could
      > help me on a few cheeky Johnstons who i can not find. I have only
      > managed to get their births. I'm thinking they may have left
      Victoria
      > but do not want to rule Vic out unless i'm certain.
      > Could you please look up some deaths or marriages for the following:
      >
      > Ernest Albert Johnston, born, 1876, Vic.
      >
      > Death look up for Alfred Whiteman Johnston, born 1874, married
      Sarah
      > B O'Connor 1898.
      >
      > Marriages only:
      > John Lawson Johnston, born 1862. (can you confirm his death in
      1927?)
      > Both born and died in Vic so am hoping he married.
      >
      > Charles Frederick Johnston, born 1867 died 1939.
      >
      > George William Johnston, born 1869 died 1906.
      >
      > Also i don't know if there is any record in between 1899-1920 for a
      > Charles Stuart Johnston, he was the child of Alfred W and Sarah
      > O'Connor.
      >
      > Sorry if these are too many look ups, i'd appreciate any out of the
      > above that you can do!
      >
      > Cheers
      > Cat

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic