      To: JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com
      From: kclarence@...
      Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:20:56 +1100
      Subject: Re: [JohnstonAustralia] JOHNSTON(E) of Scottsdale,TAS & Gippsland, VIC

      I also have Johnstons in Tasmania.  John Johnston b. 1810 in Scotland.  John Johnston and Jane Johnston were passengers aboard the barque Lochiel.  They arrived at the Port of Hobart 18 September 1833.  The Lochiel left Leith in Scotland 13 April 1833.  John Johnston's occupation was that of a carpenter.

      Another John Johnston ...... to John Alexander Johnston b 1863 Campbelltown, Tasmania ....... but none that match your names Tony.

      Lorna, could you please provide the URL to the JohnstonAustralia Web Page.

      Thanks Kevin