225Re: Hi all!

  • lj_eco
    Jun 22, 2006
      Hiya Margaret,

      Thanks for your message... sounds like a great idea. My Great Great
      Grandfather originated in Waringstown, Northern Ireland. married
      Catherine Dowey of Moira (Ire) and emmigrated to Australia between
      1860 - 1870 sometime and had at least 14 children in Romsey Victoria:

      Sarah
      Hugh
      Henry Robert
      Catherine
      Mary
      CHARLES (my great grandfather)
      Sabina
      Sue
      Robert Louis
      Bertie

      (have not included those lsited as dead on this, Berties birth
      register in 1886).

      Charles bore 3 children Catherine, Robert Charles (my grandfather)
      and Reginald.

      There must be trillions of kids out there!!! ;)

      Luke (Vic)

      --- In JohnstonAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "The Pools" <P.ML.Pool@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi luke
      >
      > how about sharing some of the Johnston names and places with us,
      you never
      > know you might have some relatives who subscribe to this list.
      >
      > My husband has Samuel Christopher Johnston married Anne Eliza
      Carroll in
      > Ballyshannon, Kildare and then they set sail to Melbourne.
      >
      > Children were; all born Victoria,
      > Charles
      > Samuel John
      > John James
      > Caroline marr Hugh Fulton POOL - our line
      > Robert William
      > Ann Eliza.
      >
      > good luck with your research
      >
      > Margaret
      > NZ

      I even
      > > taken up geneaology, to trace the origin of my Johnston line.
      Yesterday
      > > I came up with the birth place of my great great grandfather just
      out
      > > of Belfast, how exciting! I've just browsed the Johnston Australia
      > > Webgroup and I reckon it's a great resource! Look forward to
      > > corresponding with some of you :) Luke J
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic