Looking for a Boatwright…

  • lewvolk
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15

      …okay don’t really need a Boatwright, but, I could use some help or maybe just advice. I need to mount a few things and my boat and could use thoughts about getting all the holes lined up nut and bolts installed. If get far enough I do need to borrow pop riveter….weather is looking good for working it on this weekend :)

      Lew

    • Fish76335
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16

        I have a pop riveter.

        Hardware mounting:  Mark & drill one hole.  Install nut & bolt snug, not tight.

                                           Mark 2nd hole, remove hardware, drill, reinstall with nuts & bolts snug, mark next hole .........etc.

        I will be around this weekend.

        Mike F

        On 03/15/2017 12:23 PM, lvolk@... [Johnson_County_Sailing_Society] wrote:

        …okay don’t really need a Boatwright, but, I could use some help or maybe just advice. I need to mount a few things and my boat and could use thoughts about getting all the holes lined up nut and bolts installed. If get far enough I do need to borrow pop riveter….weather is looking good for working it on this weekend :)

        Lew

      • Lew Volk
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18
          Good advice! However, I'm installing a new "bridge" I made (like the one in picture) there are no holes. I also have to the center the new holes for the swivel. Get the bridge level, and even with the top of CB trunk....

          Hardware mounting:  Mark & drill one hole.  Install nut & bolt snug, not tight.

                                             Mark 2nd hole, remove hardware, drill, reinstall with nuts & bolts snug, mark next hole .........etc.

          I will be around this weekend.

          Mike F

          On 03/15/2017 12:23 PM, lvolk@... [Johnson_County_Sailing_Society] wrote:

          …okay don’t really need a Boatwright, but, I could use some help or maybe just advice. I need to mount a few things and my boat and could use thoughts about getting all the holes lined up nut and bolts installed. If get far enough I do need to borrow pop riveter….weather is looking good for working it on this weekend :)

          Lew

        • Maurine& John Truitt
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18
          I would clamp the the bridge in place on both sides, then drill one hole on each side an put bolts in. Once that is done drill the other hole and bolt it in place. For the swivel I would  measure an draw center lines in both directions. Then line up the 4 holes in the swivel base with the center lines and make the holes. Drill one hole and bolt the swivel  down so the marks line up and drill the other holes. If you have a problem with clearance drilling the holes to hold the bridge in place I have an air drill that is a lot smaller than any electric drill.

          John

          Message 5 of 5 , Mar 18
            Thanks John!....And thanks to Art for coming over and helping...we got the bridge mounted and cap ready to put back....maybe I'll get to the swivel tomorrow