Vermilion Valley Resort up for sale

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2013
      http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/07/24/3404832/trail-mix-725-vermilion-valley.html

      Trail Mix 7/25: Vermilion Valley Resort up for sale

      Published: July 24, 2013 Updated 16 hours ago

      By Marek Warszawski — The Fresno Bee

      Vermilion Valley Resort, an outpost of civilization for backpackers, fishermen and campers at Edison Lake, is up for sale.

      In a Saturday letter addressed to "our close friends," VVR owners Jim and Vickie Clement announced they intend to sell the lakeside resort tucked deep inside the Sierra National Forest.

      "We are not sure how long this process will take, but assure our following of wonderful customers that whomever we choose to take ownership will be carefully vetted and have the passion and determination needed to carry forward the VVR tradition," the letter states.

      Edison Lake sits just off the John Muir and Pacific Crest trails, making the VVR a popular (and necessary) stopover for thru-hikers. Fishermen target brown trout in the lake as well as rainbows and brook trout in nearby creeks.

      Jim Clement purchased VVR in July 2002 from former owner Peggy Wiggs, who held it for one year following the death of her husband, Butch.

      The property includes a main building that houses a cafe and market, a small motel, a brand new shower and bathroom facility and several cabins used as employee housing.

      The Clements are planning to live year round in the Mammoth Lakes area.