Perhaps Love

  • rtcouture@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Thank you for posting the midi files of this beautiful song! I think
      in these times of horrible death and destruction, the words and
      melody are very comforting to me! I sent the words to my friends and
      family so they can be comforted too! I hope JD can protect us from
      hate and further attacks!
      God Bless America and our armed forces!
    • rtcouture@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        --- In JohnDenverMidiMusic@y..., rtcouture@y... wrote:
        > Thank you for posting the midi files of this beautiful song! I
        think
        > in these times of horrible death and destruction, the words and
        > melody are very comforting to me! I sent the words to my friends
        and
        > family so they can be comforted too! I hope JD can protect us from
        > hate and further attacks!
        > God Bless America and our armed forces!

        Perhaps love is like a resting place
        A shelter from the storm
        It exists to give you comfort
        It is there to keep you warm
        And in those times of trouble
        When you are most alone
        The memory of love will bring you home

        Perhaps love is like a window
        Perhaps an open door
        It invites you to come close
        It wants to show you more
        And even if you lose yourself
        And don't know what to do
        The memory of love will see you through

        Oh, love to some is like a cloud
        To some as strong as steel
        For some a way of living
        For some a way to feel
        And some say love is holding on
        And some say letting go
        And some say love is everything
        And some say they don't know

        Perhaps love is like the ocean
        Full of conflict, full of change
        Like a fire when it's cold outside
        Or thunder when it rains
        If I should live forever
        And all my dreams come true
        My memories of love will be of you

        Words and music by John Denver
      • Phillip Hullquist
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
          Did anyone recall that the lyrics from Rymns & Reasons
          say at one point... "when the cities start to crumble,
          and the tower fall around us"

          I was just listening to it last week and thought of
          NYC.

          // Phillip

          http://phone.yahoo.com