Randy Sparks Talks - John Sings

  • Dave Snouffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Year everybody!

      I've been at it again - with a new web page!

      As many of you already know, a Toledo, OH paper (the Toledo Free Press) recently printed an interview with Randy Sparks, who, of course, wrote "Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio."
      He's now 75 years old.

      Randy gives the full history of how the song came into being and how John got involved with it - Michael Johnson had a part to play, also. Randy also tells how his atttitude toward Toledo has changed over the years.

      Did you know that he wrote some revised lyrics for the tune about 10 years ago?

      I've just put together a new web page featuring this interview, with John singing the song in the background. In the future, photos and information will be added showing why Toledo, Ohio, is really a great place to be.

      The new lyrics can be found on the page, also. (Randy includes John's name at the end.)

      As many of you also already know, I've recently added a page that includes the entire audio book of John's autobiography, "Take Me Home." It no longer is available for purchase, except at an inflated used price on sites like eBay. If you aren't aware of this new page or haven't visited it, check it out and hearJohn read his life's story to you.

      Have Fun and Enjoy,

      Dave

      "Teach me the Magic of Wonder,
      Give me the Spirit to Fly"